Bike Shops

Billy’s Bikes – Galesburg – (in business to our knowledge but no longer has active web site; please use your search engine for more information)

Johnson Cycleworks – Mobile Bicycle Repair

Kzoo Swift – Kalamazoo

Pedal Bicycles – Kalamazoo (Pedal Downtown) and Portage (Pedal South)

Bikes: Rental and Self Service Repair

BroncoBikes – for students, faculty and staff of Western Michigan University (WMU)

Pedal Bicycles – Kalamazoo (Pedal Downtown rents bikes)

Public Repair Stand Locations (outdoor tools, air pumps)

Office for Sustainability, WMU — Dero Fix-It Station (W Michigan Ave. & Howard St., Kalamazoo)
Portage Creek Bicentennial Park Trail — Pumps at three main trailheads: Kilgore/Lovers Lane; E. Milham and Garden Lane
Vine Neighborhood Association — Dero Fix-It Station (S. Westnedge & W. Vine St., Kalamazoo)

Bicycle Registration

Registering your bicycle is one of the best ways to assist law enforcement in recovering your bicycle.  Stolen bicycles are more difficult to trace back to their owner unless they are registered.

City of Portage

WMU (scroll through page to find link)

Bike Lockers 

Bike lockers are available through Central City Parking  You can call 269-343-6383 to arrange rentals and inquire about rates/specials, etc.

Reporting Potholes and Street Maintenance Issues

For jurisdictions not listed below, please consult the web page of the township, village or city of interest for more information.  In our experience local agencies and governments welcome input from the public, since it helps extend their “eyes and ears.”

City of Kalamazoo – web page

City of Portage – web page

Michigan Roads – web page for “M-Roads” such as M-40, M-43, M-89, M-96 and elsewhere

Road Commission of Kalamazoo County – handles jurisdictions outside of the cities and villages

SeeClick Fix offers an app that helps you report problems on the go.  Download / registration required; jurisdictions with resources to fix problems are not always on the system; for example, the City of Portage, MI seems to regularly respond to items brought to their attention using this system but many others do not yet do so.

Van Buren County Road Commission – handles jurisdictions outside of the cities and villages